My Favorite thing from Thanksgiving dinner is a good sausage and fennel stuffing. This recipe has kind of come together over the years and every year I add something to it so it evolves as years go by. This year the addition is with the olive and rosemary bread used instead of the sour dough. I hope you enjoy this as much as I do.
- 1lb of pork sausage or mild Italian sausage without casing
- 2 fennel bulb
- 2 large yellow onion
- Fresh Sage chopped 2 tablespoons
- Fresh Thyme chopped 1 tablespoons
- 2 Green Apples chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 loaves of Olive and Rosemary Bread
- 2 cups Chicken Stock or Turkey Stock from roast.
- Dice the olive bread into cubes toss in a little olive oil and bake until crusty and put aside
- Season the sausage with a little salt and pepper and brown in the pan with a 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Add the diced the fennel, onion, sage, thyme and apple and cook for 5 – 10 min
- Poor in two cups of Chicken Stock and stir and simmer for 3 minutes
- In a large bowl mix the bread cubes with some fresh parsley and add combine with the sausage and vegetable mixture.
- Transfer to a roasting pan and roast for 30 min.